[X Newbies] OS stability

marina marina at reliance.it
Wed Mar 31 19:05:28 PST 2004

Steven Rogers wrote:

 >What better way to instill fear and doubt than to lay out the question
 >of whether some list member might be a "plant". If you're going to make
 >the point that we should avoid spreading FUD, then its pretty ironic to
 >end such a post with a "There Are Aliens Among Us" speculation.

Point taken - although only to some extent :-)
Just because I might be paranoid, doesn't mean that there are no bad people
out there. We should always stay awake to that possibility.

Your point however is valid, we should be careful with the analysis of any
situation. This means for instace, not take ironic comments at face value
(I was being ironic - sorry if that wasn't clear), and even less take hype
and advertising as if they were *the truth*.

The truth is, for example, that Mac's don't get viruses, and OS X does not
crash, nor it is supposed to. In spite of what some people might want you
to believe, there is no evidence for their assertions.

marina