ooooh!

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun May 9 05:15:14 PDT 2004

> From: matblack at mac.com
>
> Still no luck. To hell with it.
> stupid.
> I guess I'll wait till i upgrade to be able to use my fkeys again.

Wait! Don't jump! :)

I may have the solution -- by strange coincidence, I *just* yesterday
ran into the same problem.

I was trying to install an Airport update for someone, and the machine
kept telling me that the software that was installed was "newer" than
the one I wanted to install, which was impossible (it was 3.4.1,
updated just days ago!).

On a hunch, I did a search for "airport receipt" and found the
"receipt" for the last Airport update. Removed that, put in trash,
emptied trash. Restarted the Airport 3.4.1 install and ... whaddya
know! It works!

_Chas_

"This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones
initiation and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're
going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really
hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are
being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time,
these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of
need to blow some steam off?" -- Rush Limbaugh on the torture, murder,
sodomising and rape of prisoners at Abu Ghaid prison.