[X Newbies] Appleworks and OS X

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sat May 22 08:20:12 PDT 2004

On Friday, May 21, 2004, at 12:01 AM, C. Russell wrote:

> The update to a complete 10.2.8 including itunes, Quicktime, iphoto
> etc is a very large file and will take some time...Consider the option
> of a clean  install before an update.

Is there a checklist of what to do to keep all drivers and so forth,
how to archive, etc.?
Especially, how to ensure mail, bookmarks, Palm user files, drivers,
etc. can be kept
and returned?

My Missing Manual says clean install on OSX not necessary? Can you
elaborate?

Do any of the manuals have a comprehensive list on what to do. I need
Step-by-Step.

Also, I'm on dialup and have had no success getting uncorrupted files.
Is there any other
way? (Other than letting my brother d/l on Windows and mailing me a CD).

In light of the security update, maybe I have to.

Could I choose to just update? Will I lose anything if I do it? As I
recall, going from
OS 10.1 to 10.2 was pretty effortless, but then I didn't do a clean
install there.

Also don't want to eliminate my scanner, which I notice has no OSX
driver, the lastest
one they have is for 9. I use it through Classic.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz (OS X 10.2.0/Classic)
896 MB RAM, 40 GB hard drive