[X Newbies] Pine to Eudora migration

Scott scott-xlists at scotist.com
Sat May 22 11:08:38 PDT 2004

On May 21, 2004, at 20:35, Scott wrote:

> On May 21, 2004, at 12:24, Raoul Armfield wrote:
>
>> Has anyone here ever migrated pine mailboxes to Eudora?  I know how to
>> do this for the PC but I can not find anything on the web that tells
>> me
>> how to do this on the MAC

> There are utilities to do this, but in a pinch you can do it in
> Terminal. Normally I don't recommend Terminal fixes on the Newbies
> list. I assume, however, that most folks using pine has at least a
> passing familiarity with command line usage.

<snipped terminal instructions>
> --
> Scott

If you want to do this without using Terminal, Mail.app will do the
trick.

Launch Mail. Choose File-->Import Mail  (choose "other" when prompted
for the type). Select the folder on your hard drive which contains the
pine mailboxes.

When Mail has finished importing, Launch Eudora. Use the File->Import
function. Tell it to import from Mail.app.

--
Scott