[X-Newbies] out of control mess

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Oct 1 13:47:08 PDT 2004

John Park said:

>I'm writing for help on organizing my mac.  Is there a web page or book
>that describes different ways to organize files.  I seem to end up with
>everything on my desktop, and multiple versions of things and in
>general a big mess of files.

Why don't you just drag your applications to your Applications folder,
your documents to your Documents folder, etc.?

If you need more organization, you can have sub-folders in these folders
for specific projects or types of documents.

If you have multiple versions of documents that you are working on, why
not give them unique names having to do with the revision number as you
create them?

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html