[X-Newbies] <no subject>

fxmac at uaf.edu fxmac at uaf.edu
Sun Oct 3 12:27:10 PDT 2004

On 3 Oct 2004 at 14:05, Sue Rodriguez wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I thought I was pretty smart when I installed 10.3.2 on my G4 recently.
> When it called for a password, I just clicked continue.  Now I find myself
> needing to install something and I have been assigned a password I don't
> know.  This is a personal computer and I am the only person who uses it.  I
> attempted to do what Help told me to do (put in the system disk and choose
> the new password option).  I didn't see the new password choice.  I tried
> the original (10.1) disk and the 10.3.2 disk.  Does anyone have a suggestion
> as to how I can choose a new password?
When you put in the install disk, the Change password utility is found by clicking on the Finder
option next to the blue apple. IIRC, that is. In any case, it is the first install disk and it should
be up there. It's been a while since I had to do this, I think you have to boot from the install
disk to get the option.