[X-Newbies] The Mystery of Missing Email Messages

Richard Bienvenu BienvenuR at missouri.edu
Wed Oct 6 13:58:44 PDT 2004

I'm not an OS X Mail user, but my wife is and I can't help her with a
serious problem.

A whole slew of messages that she thought she'd moved to a new folder
(or mailbox in Eudoraspeak) simply disappeared. She selected 'em all
and dragged them to the new mailbox of "Family and Friends," but now
they're gone. A whole year's worth. Which in itself is
interesting--why did all the messages from 2003 simply disappear. The
new mailbox is empty and, while I didn't watch what she was doing, I
doubt very much that she put them in the trash and then emptied the
trash.

Thanks for the help,

Richard Bienvenu