[X-Newbies] Re: Download Manager

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Oct 10 22:03:45 PDT 2004

> From: Aldo Johnson <Deetya at cbn.net.id>
>
> Is there a good Download Manager for the Mac?
>
> I've got a dial-up connection, and the phone line is infamously
> flaky.

Is there absolutely NO option for DSL or cable in your area? I don't
find the cost of high-speed to be at all burdensome compared to the
cost and grief of a second phone line. It's about $30-40 either way,
and the speed difference and enhanced ability to DO things on the net
is simply marvelous.

> So is there a download manager which could resume downloads even
> after the connection was cut off?

Safari does this.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org