[X-Newbies] out of control mess

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 12 11:05:27 PDT 2004

On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 04:24 PM, John Park wrote:

> yes, that would be great!

John, also keep in mind what your personality is like. I have 5-6 main
folders in one main folder
within Documents. My main folder is called "Desk Drawer." The reason I
didn't just plunk into
Documents is that the Mac itself adds stuff to that folder w/o my
bidding and I want a clear
delineation between the two. Also, I like to back up "Desk Drawer"
every day, and I have a
preset in Retrospect for that job, to just back up that one whole
folder.

My cats: Topmind, Important, Clients, Development, Personal,
Administration, Sam, Slideshows.

Topmind is a catchall folder for the stuff that would make a mess on my
desktop. It also contains
stuff like my timesheet that I want at close hand.

There are many ways to do it, this is only one.

I have a personality for average organization, which means I am kind of
organized, but not
overly so. I usually only create a new folder(s) within a category when
I feel there is too much
stuff in there for my brain to keep track of easily.

"Desk Drawer" has nearly 6 GB of stuff at the moment.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com