[X-Newbies] Changing a password--removing accounts

Sue Rodriguez Sue.Rodriguez at usm.edu
Sun Oct 17 08:40:01 PDT 2004

First I would like to apologize for being so slow in thanking all of you who
replied to my question about changing by password.  I have been pretty busy.

Let me review.  I have a G4 and when I recently reinstalled all of my
system software, I didn¹t select a password‹I am the only person who uses
the machine.  When I went to install my HP Scanjet 3970, I was told that I
had to enter my password.  I can¹t remember where I found it but indeed I
had been ³assigned² a password, because I sure didn¹t select one.  Following
the directions that several of you gave me, I went through the change
process, only to find that I how have another, unnamed ³user² and I still
can¹t install my software (because I haven¹t got permission).  Like another
list member (who I don¹t think has yet received a reply) I would like to
remove the second user and I would like to know what I did wrong with the
first password change.

I really appreciate your suggestions,

Sue