[X-Newbies] Mounting blank CDs from FW drive

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Tue Oct 19 11:04:00 PDT 2004

Hi all,

At home, I have an external LaCie FireWire CDR/RW drive hooked up to my
slot loading iMac. I'm running OS 10.2.8. Is there any way of getting
the blank CDs to appear on the desktop similar to what happens with my
Superdrive equipped G4 at work? At home I can burn with Toast but it
would be so much easier if I could simply have a blank CD show up, drag
my files onto it and then click burn. All without having to launch any
other software.

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com