[X-Newbies] Problems upgrading to 10.2.8

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Sep 17 13:25:03 PDT 2004

Lacy Kyle said:

>I recently had to do an archive and install due to huge problems I had
>trying to sort out a dragging problem. This has left me back at a bog
>standard system 10.2. Software update is tripping up trying to install
>the 10.2.8. combo update. Downloading the combo update from the Apple
>site also falls over during installation.

I recommend that you use a good FTP program to download the combo
updater.  I like Interarchy, but it is relatively expensive, and I'm sure
that there are many others that are good too.

I've found that FTP programs tend to do a better job with difficult
downloads.  Also, if a download quits, an FTP program will allow you to
restart the download from where it left off.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html