[X-Newbies] Problems upgrading to 10.2.8

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Fri Sep 17 13:41:46 PDT 2004

> Hi all,
>
> I recently had to do an archive and install due to huge problems I had
> trying to sort out a dragging problem. This has left me back at a bog
> standard system 10.2. Software update is tripping up trying to install
> the 10.2.8. combo update. Downloading the combo update from the Apple
> site also falls over during installation. According to the
> documentation Apple provides, this seems to be a well known problem and
> they advise updating first to 10.2.6. then software update should be
> able to update to 10.2.8. Only problem is that the 10.2.6 download they
> suggest requires 10.2.5. so, how do I update from 10.2?
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Lacy
>
> http://www.anvilchorus.org.uk
>
> "Sing as though nobody's listening"

Apple usually has all the combo updaters archived on their site. Check for
the older updates.
Here is the link I got for the 10.2.5 one
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosxcomboupdate.html

John
--
"You recommend Macs to your friends, and Intel machines to those whom you
don't mind billing by the hour."