[X-Newbies] System crash OS 10.3.8, Firewire and USB drives on brand new G5.

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Apr 6 13:48:45 PDT 2005

Brian Durant said:

>I just had my first system crash. I had just ejected my Firewire drive
>and put in my USB stick. The stick refused to show up on the desktop,
>so I pulled it out and then put it back in a couple of times, but
>nothing.
>Any ideas? I usually take pride in not mistreating my system, but I
>have to admit there is a lot to learn when last having used a Mac
>under OS 9.

I assume that your "USB stick" is a USB pen drive?  (That is, a flash
memory drive that attaches via USB.)

Does your pen drive *ever* work with your Mac?

It isn't uncommon for defective USB devices to cause your Mac to crash
under OS X.  See:

http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.htm
Item #10

Randy B. Singer