[X-Newbies] Calendar syncing

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 12 15:30:24 PDT 2005

I don't think of myself as a newbie, but this problem seems pretty
simple, yet it has me stumped.

I have just started using iSync and can't figure out how its supposed
to work with published calendars. I have a published calendar on my
desktop that is the "master" that several people subscribe to
(including me on my laptop), plus I have some unpublished calendars
that I'd like to get onto my laptop with iSync. The strange thing is
that when I run iSync, it copies the published calendar onto my laptop,
and leaves it in the "published" state.

I don't think I really want to have the calendar published from two
places - I'm not sure how that's even supposed to work  - a "last
updater wins" scenario, I guess.  The most detrimental part is that
with the calendar "published" on my laptop instead of subscribed, I can
no longer see the updates put up from the master calendar on my
desktop. And when I unpublish on the laptop, the calendar is deleted
off .Mac until I refresh it again from the desktop.

This seems really dorky - is there some slick way that iSync is
supposed to work with published calendars that I'm missing?

SR