[X-Newbies] Application Failures in OS 10.3.8

Carlie Van Winkle coalcreekcarlie at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 13:55:33 PDT 2005

Having issues with my applications unexpectedly
failing during use. The messages that I get are all
similar with the first bracketed information being the
application that just failed. They look something like
this:

The application "(null)" could not be launched because
of a shared library error: "F<(name of app.
here)><Apple;Carbon;Multimedia><CFMPriv_DVComponentGlue><>

I have gone to my System Folders and tried deleting
any redundancies, but that has not seemed to help this
matter any.

I am also not having real good luck with Safari, as it
will unexpectedly close due to an inability to find
Shockwave Flash plug-in. I have attempted to go to the
Shockwave website, but that causes instantaneous
closure of Safari. Evidently, my machine can't find
this plug-in and I can't seem to download it because
Safari can't stay open long enough.

Has anyone out there encountered this? Can anyone
assist me in this incredibly frustrating adventure?

Thanks,
Carlie