[X-Newbies] Application Failures in OS 10.3.8

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 17 13:10:33 PDT 2005

On Apr 17, 2005, at 2:44 PM, Alex wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2005, at 2:57 PM, Carlie Van Winkle wrote:
>
>> He [...] increased my RAM, and also upped my processor from a
>> G3 to a G4 [...]
>
> Perhaps you should begin by giving us the precise details of your Mac
> hardware and OS version.
>
>> [...] When I got my machine back,
>> I noticed that I had (3) System Folders.
>
> System Folder is the Mac OS 9 system. Under OS X it's only used for
> fonts and for running Classic. It has nothing to do with the errors
> you reported.

Its unclear whether he means "System Folder" or "System" folder.

In any case, as others have said, its an exceptionally bad idea to
tweak around with the System folder's contents, and the first thing to
do with this kind of post-upgrade flakey behavior is to validate the
hardware - particularly memory. Memory that tests good can be not good
enough to run without flaking out.

SR