[X-Newbies] Burning audio CD in iTunes.

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 18 01:16:25 PDT 2005

On Apr 18, 2005, at 9:46 AM, Brian Durant wrote:

> In all of the instructions for iTunes, I find that they refer to being
> able to burn audio CDs by clicking on the button in the upper right
> hand corner of iTunes. Unfortunately my button says "import" and the
> "burn playlist to disc" command under the "File" menu is grayed out.
> However, in the preferences burning is listed and implemented for
> audio CDs. What gives? I am using iTunes 4.7.1, OS X 10.3.9 on a G5
> 1.8 GHz. single with an internal Sony DVD RW DW-U21A, which is what
> came standard with my machine. ANy advise, comments, etc. are
> appreciated.

As the help says: You can only burn a CD from the songs in a
playlist, and only checked songs are included.

You cannot burn from the library, or from the Browser.

Best,

Kirk

                       Author of: iPod & iTunes Garage
                      http://www.mcelhearn.com/ipod.html
       Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France