[X-Newbies] optimizing System Performance

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Mon Apr 18 06:50:44 PDT 2005

On Apr 18, 2005, at 12:53 AM, Cyril Blanc wrote:

>> Cocktail <http://www.macosxcocktail.com/>
>> Macaroni <http://www.atomicbird.com/?q=>
>> Onyx <http://www.titanium.free.fr/pictures/onyx.gif>
>> TinkerTool System <http://www.bresink.de/osx/TinkerToolSys.html>
>
> What is the best ?

Try each one and stick with the one you like best. I'd begin with Onyx
<http://www.titanium.free.fr/download/OnyX_150.zip>, simply because
it's free.

> I also need to move my swap files to another volume ?

Would you try the Pic Blanc tunnel or the Glacier de Sarenne if you
were a novice skier? This is definitely a non-newbie subject. IMHO,
until you can describe yourself as an expert and are comfortable with
rebooting your Mac in single-user mode and reconfiguring your machine
from the CLI, forget about it. Also, IMHO, what the above apps do is
mostly troubleshooting, rather than maintenance. I'm not sure a novice
user needs to run them on a regular basis.

<0x0192>