[X-Newbies] optimizing System Performance

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 18 17:29:22 PDT 2005

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your mail

>> I also need to move my swap files to another volume ?
>
> Would you try the Pic Blanc tunnel or the Glacier de Sarenne if you
> were a novice skier? This is definitely a non-newbie subject. IMHO,
> until you can describe yourself as an expert and are comfortable with
> rebooting your Mac in single-user mode and reconfiguring your machine
> from the CLI, forget about it. Also, IMHO, what the above apps do is
> mostly troubleshooting, rather than maintenance. I'm not sure a novice
> user needs to run them on a regular basis.

I do not agree with you ; you can use Xupport ; it does it very well, a
Newbie can use it :-)
You do not need "rebooting your Mac in single-user mode and
reconfiguring your machine from the CLI"

Best regards

Cyril

My Mails are filtered by the SPAM engine of Wanadoo.
SPAMMERS you can remove all the  @Wanadoo addresses for you SPAM
Join the independent Quantum Leap Symphony orchestra forum (QLSO) for
Mac  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qlso