[X-Newbies] Can't play DVDees.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 02:56:04 PDT 2005

I have been trying to play DVDs, but no luck so far. The Apple DVD
player is out of the question as I have purchased legitimate DVDs in a
number of countries that I have lived, which means that I of course
have DVDs from different regions and the Apple DVD player is hobbled
so that I can only do this 5 times before it selects a region for me
based on which DVDs I play. Windows Media Player can't find anything
to play for some reason. MplayerOSXB8r4 gets in some sort of loop when
I choose a Video TS folder and VLC seems to have some sort of sound
issue on my machine, i.e. very loud, static and can't really make out
the actual sound track I am using a G5 1.8 GHz. single with OS X
10.3.9 installed. Altec Lansing speakers plugged into the mini jack
socket. VLC 0.8.1. and North by Northwest on DVD. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Brian