[X-Newbies] Re: USB2.0 to Ultra SCSI Converter

CarWesG at aol.com CarWesG at aol.com
Tue Apr 19 22:52:06 PDT 2005

Response to Chas:

Thanks for your answer.   My experience with Zip and Jaz seems to be
different from yours.   I had one Zip drive that died in about 9 years and only a few
zip disks.   I don't use them for back-up anyway, just to transfer media for
clients or printers.   On the other hand, my Jaz drive is really more for my
every day back-up (I use CDs for "final" back-up).

The SCSI to USB2 is around $70.   I thought that was cheap to be able to keep
what's working pretty well so far.   Eventually jaz and Zip will go bad and
then I'll purchase an external drive.   Still feel the same that I should not
bother with this old technology??

Thanks.
Carole