[X-Newbies] iMac - audio input

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Fri Apr 22 11:04:25 PDT 2005

On Apr 22, 2005, at 1:20 PM, kd00311 at yahoo.com wrote:

> [...] My second thought is a headphone connection to USB, but I
> can't seem to find what I need on the net - maybe I'm not using the
> correct keywords in my search.
>
> I'm looking to not spend any more than $10-15 if that's possible -
> anyone have an idea of what I can set her up with?

You're looking for the Griffin iMic

<http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic/index.php>

which is at least twice as much. And, btw, connecting it to the
turntable's headphone jack is a recipe for poor sound; you should hook
it to the preamp's output -- or the record player's line output, if the
preamp is built-in.

<0x0192>