[X-Newbies] Spinning Cursor

Jane TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 26 07:14:43 PDT 2005

I have just set up a great PB G4 for someone but after being unable to
connect to her dialup ISP she gets that darned cursor forever and has
to reboot and at this rate she will mung her drive in no time...even
though she uses a lot, she is a very poor user, having had Macs since
the 128K but still hasn't 'learned' the 'way of Mac'....
Isn't there supposed to be an alert that comes up to say the ISP is
busy (hers is a pretty bad one but the only one available in her area)
and to try again later?

I am pretty sure I set it up only to dial ONCE and not redial for just
that reason.