[X-Newbies] How to burn a 8 Gb DVD on a G5 2x2

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Tue Apr 26 08:38:42 PDT 2005

On Apr 25, 2005, at 03:07, Cyril Blanc wrote:

> I have just received my Kompakt 2 update. It is delivered with a
> single side DVD that contains more than 7 GB if samples, I would like
> to backup this DVD ; what software should I use ?

Do you need to, (a) burn an 8GB DVD, or, (b) back up an 8GB data DVD?
If (a), get a dual-layer DVD writer; if (b), use your regular backup
utility, or use Disk Utility to create an image of the DVD, then a
utility such as StuffIt Deluxe, Split&Concat, etc., to split it in
smaller (e.g., 4.4GB) segments.

<0x0192>