[X-Newbies] Re: Problem driving me insane!!

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Apr 29 00:09:45 PDT 2005

> From: Jane <TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net>
>
> Folks, really. There has got to be something I can do about the fact
> that my parents are getting each other's emails.

Yes, there's something you can do about this.

> My Mom's account on Comcast, is secondary and my Dad is getting her
> email even when I do not send to both! I have checked the Comcast
> prefs
> with a tech and they told me there was nothing set to send both from
> there, so it must be in my Mail.app.

Faulty logic. What would a Comcast tech know about it? The problem
may not lie there at all.

> They are using 10.3.8 and on Mail.app those are the only two emails
> configured.

Is there some reason they are sharing a single user account? Wouldn't
it be better to give the two separate accounts? (this is not about
Mail, this is about the OS itself)

> I am going there again today to see what in the prefs could be causing
> this!

Without more info, it's really hard to say what could be causing
this, but you could start by repairing permissions. It would also be
VERY worth your while to CAREFULLY examine how each of them "log on"
to "their" email account.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org