[X-Newbies] Re: Problems setting up an online banking account

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Apr 29 00:38:22 PDT 2005

> From: Steven Rogers <srogers1 at austin.rr.com>
> On Apr 28, 2005, at 9:52 AM, Davis Gaffga wrote:
>

>> I am having problems setting up an online banking account. I have
>> worked with my bank setting up an account and they have no problem
>> logging in but when I try to from my computer I am unable to log in
>> because their system does not seem to recognize me. Is this a problem
>> with Safari?
>>

> Probably not.
>
> All the online banking sites that I've used are very explicit about
> what browsers they support, so you should be able to determine whether
> Safari is one of them.
>
> One thing you might check is to be sure that javascript is enabled.

You might also want to disable "block pop-ups" in the Safari menu,
and change the "cookie" preference to "accept all from
everywhere" (that's not what it says, but you get the drift) to
ENSURE that it's not a problem with Safari. I have one regular bill
that I pay online that CANNOT be paid unless the pop-up blocking is
off -- it took FOREVER to find that out.

PS. Credit unions are vastly superior to banks, in that it is not
their PURPOSE to rip you off. You might want to consider a switch.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org