[X-Newbies] Re: iMac - audio input

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Apr 29 06:42:04 PDT 2005

On Apr 28, 2005, at 4:32 PM, Michele Forrester wrote:

>  I just checked and it doesn't even HAVE audio out. :o( The set my mom
> just sold would have and my older stereo system had it...I just
> believed this one did too. It does have the headphone but I have heard
> that isn't the best way/shouldn't be used.

I hear you. I had the same problem at one time. My experience with
using the headphone output was not very good. Maybe if you do a little
(or a lot of) trial and error with the volume setting (start very low)
you might get something that works well. I was just about to the point
of getting out the toolbox to search for the appropriate wires inside
the box, but other priorities took over. That was several years ago and
I do now have a stereo system that would work well, but I still haven't
found the time to do it.

If you can borrow a turntable or turntable+amp from someone, that might
be a better solution.

-Mike