[X-Newbies] Re: iMac - audio input

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Fri Apr 29 08:42:50 PDT 2005

On Apr 29, 2005, at 09:42, Michael Winter wrote:

> I was just about to the point of getting out the toolbox to search for
> the appropriate wires inside the box

A stereo system without an audio out is likely to be low quality. You'd
be wasting your time doing that -- the result would hardly be
worthwhile. Moreover, there likely wouldn't be any wires -- you'd have
to tap some IC output.

> If you can borrow a turntable or turntable+amp from someone, that
> might be a better solution.

That's by far the better option. Always remember the ruling principle
of computing: GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out). Digitize a low-quality
source, you get a low-quality result. And you've wasted quite a bit of
time and effort into the bargain.

<0x0192>