[X-Newbies] Virtual PC

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Wed Aug 3 10:42:04 PDT 2005

David Brostoff said:

>Does this include visiting sites like Microsoft itself? I use VPC to
>run QuickBooks. I don't use e-mail on VPC and the only Internet sites
>I visit are QuickBooks Update, Windows Update and Norton Internet
>Security Update (Live Update).
>
>Am I vulnerable?

To get spyware or adware you have to visit a Web site that intentionally
pushes that sort of software at you.  I can't tell you if Microsoft
engages in that sort of activity.  I would hope that they would know
better, and I would expect users to excoriate them if they did, but I
just don't know one way or another.  Same goes for Intuit and other sites
that distribute software updates.

The best course, if you are going to be running Windows, is to have good
anti-malware software installed, and to constantly keep it updated.
That's the only way to be sure that you are safe.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html