[X-Newbies] Adobe Reader upgrade

cy cybarb at mac.com
Sun Aug 28 08:39:28 PDT 2005

Hello all;

I am trying to upgrade Adobe 5 so that I might print ePatterns for my
bride.  When I download a pattern, the desktop shows a file named
"boomframe" etc., not a pdf.  When I  download Adobe Reader upgrade,  I
get a file "ar.505.enu.bin" which opens ToastLite! What am I doing wrong
and how can I correct it? I suspect that I may be dealing with two
different issues.  I might mention that I have some visual impairment so
that, even with magnifier in hand and window zoomed, I may be misreading
directions.
iMac DV+ 450, 768 MB
OS X 10.1.5
Netscape Navigator 7

I certainly would appreciate any suggestions, at least those in good
taste.

cy