[X-Newbies] Re: haveing trouble open a pdf attachment...

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 23:56:09 PST 2005

> From: Richard ramsowr <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net>
>
> After emptying the Safari cache and Reset my Safari
> 1.2 - IÕm unable to open any PDF file...

Multiple problems here:

1. Safari is not the application you should be using to open PDF
files. That would be Preview, which is in your Dock or Applications
folder.

2. NEVER use Reset Safari unless there's a dire need. The Empty Cache
part is fine and good, but Reset Safari destroys ANY plug-ins you may
have had, such as (you guessed it) PDF Reader ...

> When I get an e-mail and I try open a attachment, it
> opens to the virus scan results window

3. Attention: you own a Mac. You do not get viruses. Please disable
your "virus scanner" immediately (and if it was a Symantec/Norton
product, uninstall it completely!!). All you're doing with that is
slowing your machine down and causing new issues.

Cheers
Chas