[X-Newbies] Re: haveing trouble open a pdf attachment...

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 00:05:41 PST 2005

On 15/12/05 Charles Martin wrote:

>3. Attention: you own a Mac. You do not get viruses. Please disable
>your "virus scanner" immediately (and if it was a Symantec/Norton
>product, uninstall it completely!!). All you're doing with that is
>slowing your machine down and causing new issues.

FWIW I have to use anti-virus as a condition of connecting to the Uni
VPN.  I know, but the sysadmins are Windows born and bred and therefore
beyond reason).  I have been using Intego's Virus Barrier and AFAIK it
has not caused no probs.

if you simply *must* have AV then Intego is the one I would go for.

cheers,

Chris