[X-Newbies] Re: haveing trouble open a pdf attachment...

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Thu Dec 15 07:38:50 PST 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 11:56 PM, Charles Martin wrote:

> 2. NEVER use Reset Safari unless there's a dire need. The Empty
> Cache part is fine and good, but Reset Safari destroys ANY plug-ins
> you may have had, such as (you guessed it) PDF Reader ...

Not according to Apple's documentation:
"If you use a shared or public computer, you may want to reset Safari
to prevent other people from seeing what you have been doing.

Resetting Safari clears the history, empties the cache, clears the
Downloads window, and removes all cookies. It also removes any saved
user names and passwords or other AutoFill data and clears Google
search entries.

In addition, any open windows are closed and a new window opens. The
new window has a new history for the Back and Forward buttons and the
SnapBack buttons."

I reset Safari all the time and Help->Install Plug-ins still shows
all of my plug-ins as installed.

Phil