[X-Newbies] Re: having trouble open a pdf attachment...

Rodney A.Hoiseth rothcorp at jcom.home.ne.jp
Fri Dec 16 04:51:03 PST 2005

On Dec 16, 2005, at 09:13, Vincent Cayenne <vcayenne at mac.com>
> At 1:53 PM -0500 12/15/05, J wrote:
>> TO that end, I have never been able to find the setting that allows
>> you to download the PDF file instead of letting it open in the
>> browser.
>
> Get TinkerTool <http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5721>, open it,
> click the Safari tab and place a check mark in "Disable native
> support for display of PDF documents".

Alternatively, get a 2-button mouse. When you right-click on the link
it lets you chose to download.
After starting to use a two-button mouse (Kensington, not MM) I wonder
how I managed with the one-button one all those years.

But I like having the option to either read the PDF with the plug-in or
download it. If you don't, then I can see where it would be
frustrating....