[X-Newbies] Re: having trouble open a pdf attachment...

Richard Ramsowr r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 16 06:58:25 PST 2005

Vincent

This is going to be a little off topic but here's a
good example of Òmarketing considerationsÓ. I design
and sell fire alarm equipment to the trade - there are
a number of fire alarm panel on the market that look
and feel the same and there all produced by a single
manufacturer - but to make each function just a little
differently thus protecting different markets - the
manufacturer changes the software in each which build
limitation into the different panels - thus one panel
ends up severing the needs of small business while the
second panel better servers the needs of both small
business and the middle market! The manufacturer is
able to protect the different markets while spreading
the cost one design over a number of markets - and
their are countless examples of such.

thefireguy