[X-Newbies] Migration Assistant

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 04:03:37 PST 2005

On 21/12/05 Richard Ramsowr wrote:

>You lucky dog...what a problem you have there -  but
>do have a happy holiday!

Thanks for the good wishes - a happy Christmas to you and yours also.  I
wouldn't get too envious - I only buy one about every 4-5 years.  if the
drive on my old machine hadn't gone flaky I might have left it for
another year or so until the Intel machines were well established.  Any
excuse :-)

>How about having the apple store folks do the work for
>you?
The apple dealer I purchased it from wants real money to do it, so even
though it's time consuming I thought it better to get it exactly as I
want it.  The apple store is in the middle of Birmingham (about 50
miles) - and not the easiest place to lug a G5 to.

cheers,

Chris