[X-Newbies] Migration Assistant

Raoul Armfield armfield at amnh.org
Wed Dec 21 05:22:14 PST 2005

> They're not the actual names - just some I dreamt up .  They were
> playing Mars from Holst's Planets while I was writing  :-)

I see.

> A point does arise.  is it possible to use characters in account names?
> Thus Mars might become M at rs or perhaps M at rs25 or even $M at rs25.

I am not sure about all non-alpha numeric characters but at least some
would not be usable I am thinking of characters like wildcards (*,?) or
characters like the @ symbol.  Since in Unix-type OSes (such as BSD)
these characters have special significance.

--
Raoul Armfield
rarmfield at amnh dot org