[X-Newbies] Migration Assistant

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 04:06:03 PST 2005

On 21/12/05 Raoul Armfield wrote:

>Also you don't have to use your BigC account as an admin account to do
>installations.  When you do installations as a regular user you should
>be prompted for an administrator level username and password.
OK thanks - obviously it doesn't make life easier.  It's some of the
data that is causing the permissions problems.  I'll have another go
with Disk Util and see what that does.

>...........In any case, it is not a good idea to broadcast
>on a public list what the names of your accounts are on your computer
>especially not the admin accounts.

They're not the actual names - just some I dreamt up .  They were
playing Mars from Holst's Planets while I was writing  :-)

A point does arise.  is it possible to use characters in account names?
Thus Mars might become M at rs or perhaps M at rs25 or even $M at rs25.

Thanks for the advice.

Chris