[X-Newbies] Installing X on a small hard drive

Dominic F. Manno dfmanno at alumni.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 26 13:35:35 PST 2005

I have a beige G3 currently running OS 9.2.2. It has two hard drives,
one 20GB and the other 2GB. I'm not currently using the 2GB HD.

I understand that on the beiges X must be installed on the first
partition on an HD, and that that partition must be smaller than 8GB.
Is it realistic to install Jaguar on the 2GB HD, or would it require
more room than that?

TIA
--
D.F. Manno
dfmanno at alumni.upenn.edu
Tonight this fool's halfway to heaven and just a mile outta hell
And I feel like I'm coming home.
These are better days." -- Bruce Springsteen