[X-Newbies] Installing X on a small hard drive

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Mon Dec 26 13:45:37 PST 2005

It'll likely require more room, particularly if your machine doesn't
have a lot of RAM. X makes "swap files" as part of its virtual memory
scheme that can easily take up a gig or more of hard drive space.
There are hacks to reassign the swap files to other drives or
partitions, but these hacks may create other issues if you don't know
too much about how X works under the hood.

Norm
---
Norman A. Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length."
Robert Frost