[X-Newbies] Re: Tabs, warnings, MS type little squares in windows...

david_elmo david_elmo at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 27 17:17:59 PST 2005

> From: Jon Warms <jwarms at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [X-Newbies] (no subject)
>

> On Dec 26, 2005, at 13:28:17 +1100,
> david_elmo <david_elmo at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Safari is hard to believe! I had a whole lot of tabs open and by
>> mistake clicked the close button. In iCab it asks you if you really
>> want to close all the tabs.... A sensible thoughtful thing.
>

> If you closed all tabs in error - no prob. Create a new window from
> the File menu. Then go to the History menu and navigate to where
> you were. Re-creating the tabs will be a PITA, but you haven't lost
> any URLs.
>
> Jon

Yes, that is in fact what I did!  X developers or Safari developers
should have been doubly careful in this case to warn about the tabs.
iCab did it in 9, I am just getting the iCab X version now to see if
they have thought of this in X (in 9 you would be warned if you try
to close the set of tabs in a window). I notice this feature does not
work in X in the 9 version running in Classic- which does not
surprise me, I better keep quiet though...

David Elmo

(I will try to be careful in future about "subject", I am probably to
blame for much confusion lately. Apologies folks...)