[X-Newbies] Re: airtunes

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Feb 2 07:48:58 PST 2005

> From: "Raoul Armfield" <armfield at amnh.org>
> So how can you say yes and no.  If the box says that 10.3 is required
> for
> AIRTUNES that is different than saying that you can use AIRPORT
> EXPRESS with
> 10.2.8.

But the box DOESN'T say that. The box simply says that it requires
10.3. What it *should* say is that AirTunes (which is only one feature
of the Airport Express) requires 10.3.

See what I mean about the copy on the box being poorly written?

>   The original poster was not asking if you could use 10.2.8 with
> airport express

The answer to that question, which I provided in my last post, is YES.

>  rather whether you could configure airtunes which it seems
> you can NOT do.

I don't know that to be definitively true. What I said was that my
client who was running 10.2.8 and Airport Express just fine *wasn't
using* the AirTunes feature. One does *presume* that it requires 10.3,
but I can't *prove* that. I *can* prove that Airport Express base
stations work with 10.2.8.

I hope that clarifies what I was trying to say.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org