[X-Newbies] Thank you all

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Feb 17 06:02:36 PST 2005

>And for Robert Ameeti -  sorry, I had no idea that I was being impolite. I naively thought that "please and "thank you" did the trick. But it seems as though you have a new set of ideas nowadays!

On the web we have so very much at our beck and call to be read. When a user joins a list, it can be overwhelming with the volume of mail. Listees can easily feel overwhelmed as if they should be expected to have to read it all. When they can see what the subject matter is, they can then easily decide that a particular subject matter is not for them. When a Subject is obscure, it is confusing for the listee. Kinda like the spam that we get that is marked 'Urgent, Please read immediately!). We know it is spam but we still have this urge to open it regardless that we don't recognize the person sending it.

So when possible, give your posts a clear Subject that tells the listee as clearly as possible whether they might be interested in that post. It will help everyone and ensure that you get the quickest and most complete answers.

Have a good day. Thanks for listening.
--

Robert Ameeti

Love: The delusion that one woman differs from another.

- Henry Louis Mencken