[X-Newbies] Re: 10.3 and Lombard PBk

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jan 6 00:53:32 PST 2005

> From: "Chris Walker" <chris at mymac.demon.co.uk>
>
> Can someone tell me if it is possible to install X10.3 on a 333 Lombard
> PBk and if there are any pitfalls?

I installed Panther (10.3) on a Wallstreet PB, but needed a program
called XPostFacto in order to do it.

I can't recall offhand if a Lomband is the model just after or before
the Wallstreet, but if you'll Google for "XPostFacto" or search for it
at macupdate.com, I imagine you would find a developer page that may
spell out exactly how make OS X run on an unsupported model.

>   I know the max ram is 384K so it will
> be slow at best,

I think you meant "384MB," but in any event I'm running my Wallstreet
(300MHz G3) with it and for the basic things I use it for (web surfing
on the couch, primarily), it runs just fine despite the low RAM and
poor video card. I wouldn't DREAM of firing up Photoshop on this (I
laugh just thinking about it), but for very simple stuff it's perfectly
fine.

_Chas_

FL-MUG: central Florida's Macintosh User Group.
Meetings: second Thursday of the month, 6-9pm,
at the Orlando Science Center.
http://www.flmug.org