[X-Newbies] Firewall interfering with Yahoomail?

Aditya Jaya deetya at cbn.net.id
Thu Jan 13 19:49:04 PST 2005

Dear all,

I finally joined the broadband bandwagon. Everything is hunky dory,
except for one thing; I can't connect to Yahoo.

I'm using a telesyn modem/router/gateway, with my Mac and my father's
PC connected to it. For the most part we can surf the 'net.

However, we cannot connect to YahooMail and YahooGroups. YahooMail
simply kicks us out to the sign-in page. YahooGroups doesn't even
answer the request. We can get to YahooNews and YahooPhotos, just not
these two.

However, I could connect to YahooGroups the day before yesterday.

Is YahooMail & YahooGroups down? Or is it something to do with the
router's firewall?

Thanks in advance for any assistance
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- - Benjamin Franklin