[X-Newbies] Firewall interfering with Yahoomail?

Lawrence Klinger zzippy at cox.net
Thu Jan 13 20:50:16 PST 2005

> Dear all,
>
> I finally joined the broadband bandwagon. Everything is hunky dory,
> except for one thing; I can't connect to Yahoo.
>
> I'm using a telesyn modem/router/gateway, with my Mac and my father's
> PC connected to it. For the most part we can surf the 'net.
>
> However, we cannot connect to YahooMail and YahooGroups. YahooMail
> simply kicks us out to the sign-in page. YahooGroups doesn't even
> answer the request. We can get to YahooNews and YahooPhotos, just not
> these two.
>
> However, I could connect to YahooGroups the day before yesterday.
>
> Is YahooMail & YahooGroups down? Or is it something to do with the
> router's firewall?
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance
====================
Gee, I thought I was the only one with that problem.

I attempted to sign up with the Yahoo email program - went through the
procedure generating an ID and password - I thought correctly.  But when I
tried to sign in just for the heck of it to see if a message I sent myself
had gone through, Yahoo wouldn't recognize me as a member, even after
repeatedly giving the correct ID and password.

Coincidently, I am also hooked up to a cable connection.  I wonder if that
is why I couldn't get through.  Very strange.

The upshot is that I've given up on the Yahoo email arrangement.  Darned if
I'm going to go through all that frustration trying to get recognized by
their goofy system.

Zippy