[X-Newbies] Mail deleting unread messages in the Inbox

Richard Bienvenu bienvenur at missouri.edu
Sun Jan 16 09:26:39 PST 2005

For reasons I cannot understand Apple's Mail app has taken to deleting
_all_ of the messages in the Inbox when I click on one of them. Has
anyone experienced this odd and destructive behavior?

I perhaps should add that I am also getting mail via Thunderbird.
Perhaps "Mail" is deleting the inbox because it "knows" that these
messages are available in the Thunderbird inbox? But how could Mail know
this?

Thanks,
Richard Bienvenu
U. of Mo., Columbia