[X-Newbies] Mail deleting unread messages in the Inbox

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Sun Jan 16 12:53:57 PST 2005

On Jan 16, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Richard Bienvenu wrote:

> For reasons I cannot understand Apple's Mail app has taken to deleting
> _all_ of the messages in the Inbox when I click on one of them. Has
> anyone experienced this odd and destructive behavior?
>
> I perhaps should add that I am also getting mail via Thunderbird.
> Perhaps "Mail" is deleting the inbox because it "knows" that these
> messages are available in the Thunderbird inbox? But how could Mail
> know this?

how are you receiving your email ? are you using iMap or POP  ?
maybe Mail app see's the email at some point.  But Thunderbird is
grabbing the email via POP and removing the mail from the server.  Then
when you go to Mail.app and it "refreshes" the inbox window, it checks
and can that the mail is not really there any longer. ???    something
like that.

At any rate, I would tend to think the disappearing email has more to
do with the new mail clients than mail.app .    With out any additional
information to go on.

Kansas