[X-Newbies] Mail deleting unread messages in the Inbox

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Mon Jan 17 10:06:43 PST 2005

At 9:48 AM -0800 1/17/05, kd00311 at yahoo.com wrote:
>I use Thunderbird exclusively, have been for probably a year or so, and
>just the other day I deleted ONE email and it started going down thru
>the inbox files automatically deleting msgs!

Some trainable/learning mail clients will junk additional mail when a
pivotal or threshold mail item is designated as junk by the user. So
I will sometimes select one piece of mail and (in Eudora) junk it and
then see a few other similar items also go to my Junk folder. But
it's been accurate in its "assessment" so it has been quite a
positive feature for me. I've not had mass or random deletions ever
occur though.
--
"My life lives in Eudora and if I died today, the best way to find
out what I'd been up to the past 15 years would be to look at Eudora."